The Time Management Skills Audio Guide answers the key questions managers ask about how to manage their time more effectively. This best practice advice is based on years of corporate experience and delivery of time management workshops.
You will find answers to the following questions:
1. I know my time management is poor, but where do I begin?
2. What is the best way of organising my time?
3. What are the things I can do that will make the biggest impact on my time management skills?
4. Quite often I wake up in the morning feeling tired at the thought of all I have to do, even after a nights sleep. What can I do?
5. I have got an important project to get done. How can I be really productive at work?
6. So I how can I create the conditions needed to be really productive?
7. You mentioned goals. How can I set really effective goals?
8. I write a to do list every morning. But I often find that my list of tasks is longer by the the end of the day. What can I do?
9. What do I do if all my tasks seem to be high priority?
10. I schedule my time and have a to do list, but my manager keeps interrupting me. What can I do?
11. Quite often I get held up by others that I am dependant on to do my work, for example other team members, or people in other departments. How can I change this situation?
12. How can I say no to others when they ask for my help?
13. I work in an open plan office, and I am constantly interrupted by other people at work dropping by for a chat. What can I do?
14. I spend a lot of my day on the phone. What is the best way to handle phone calls?
15. How do I cope with the mountain of emails that come through every day?
16. What is the best way to organise my desk?
17. Is there a best time in the day to do important jobs?
18. What do I do if I seem to be wasting a lot of time at meetings?
19. What can I do if I tend to keep putting things off, or not make a start on tasks?
20. What if staying late at work is almost like a competition?
21. How can I stop bringing work home?
22. Some days all I want to do is get home and slump in front of TV. How can I reduce the stress I feel ?
For a comprehensive step by step approach to building your management skills, download our Essential Management Skills Workbook Collection.
This collection contains SIX workbooks, covering Communications, Presentation Skills, Time Management, Leadership, Motivation and Managing Change. Each workbook comes with a FREE companion webinar recording.
Click here for more details.
Read our latest newsletter - Avoid the Pain of Employee Turnover - 3 Steps to Maintaining Business Performance or view our back issues for more concise tips on practical management skills.